Pioneer International University Library seeks to provide welcoming, comfortable, and safe environment that promotes free intellectual exploration, research, and learning to all our patrons. The library and its staff are committed to provide quality services to all stakeholders through selection, organization and preservation of information resources in various formats to satisfy the learning, recreational and information literacy needs of our users.
To be user centered and a leader in academic library services
Our mission is to serve PIU students, faculty, and staff, as well as researchers and alumni. Members of the community are also welcomed to use Library facilities, consistent with our Circulation Policy and our Access to Databases Policy.
- Provide a conducive learning environment for users
- To acquire relevant information resources and provide information services to the University community
- To impart information literacy skills to users to enhance maximum utilization of information resources
- Establish communication and cooperation with other libraries and organizations to promote information sharing
- Employ and retaining qualified, experienced and well dedicated professional library staff who will offer high quality services to the users of the library,
- Promote technological competence by providing access to information available in non-print formats through acquisition of appropriate online databases, increasing the number of patron computers with web access and continually upgrading our systems to keep abreast with the rapid growth of technology.